Hi, I’m Ann Shannon, the Manic Writer. I’m passionate about Indie Authors and they are the focus of my blog. If you are an Indie Author and you’d like an honest review or to be featured in my spotlight contact me.
My submission guidelines are easy. You’re book must be Indie or Small Press published. If you are a hybrid author, that’s fine but I will only post reviews for your indie/small press books on The Manic Writer.
I will read any genre other than horror, extreme suspense or violence, and war. If you aren’t sure, just ask. I write romance and erotic romance, but I read many other genres. Check out my Book Reviews Page to see what books I’ve reviewed.
I will accept ARC’s or review copies by email after I have agreed to review your book. Before you send me your book I will agree to a review date so you know when to expect your review to be published. If you have a new release coming out we can discuss dates so I can be a part of your launch team. My goal is to support you as an Indie author.
- Cost. There is no charge or requirement associated with my review of your book.
- Honesty. My review will always be honest. I will tell my readers what I loved and what I didn’t love about your book. My rating system can be viewed here.
- Publicity. When my review goes live I will contact you with the link so you can share it on your social media.
- Disclaimer. I am not a professional reviewer. My opinions are my own. I do occasionally receive ARC’s (Advance Review Copies) of a book for review but my review is always honest. I will always disclose in the review if I am working with an ARC or with a book I purchased.
- General. I will never post spoilers in my review. I will rarely review horror and I will never review a book in the following genres; extreme suspense, war, or books that contain extreme violence. If I review an erotic romance my review will either be PG or it will have a disclaimer at the top.
- Requests. I will accept requests for review on a case by case basis as my schedule allows.