The Liebster Award
I’ve been nominated for the 2017 Liebster award! I was nominated by Louise@DragonspireUK. Thank you Louise, I’m humbled that you considered my blog worthy of nomination. You should totally hop over to her blog and check her out, she’s got dragons and superheroes!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award. (check)
- Answer the 11 questions the person asked you.
- Nominate 11 people (comment on their blog to let them know)
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions
- Fanfiction: Do you approve or disapprove of it? If you write it, should you keep it separate from your original author writing or shout about it? I love Fanfiction! I learned that I could write by writing fanfiction. I think it’s great for inexperienced writers to work in a world where all they have to do is tell a story because world building and character development are done. I seriously believe that Masashi Kishimoto taught me to write! LOL!
- Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they, and how do they help/hinder your writing? If no, what would be your ideal pet? I have a Karelian Bear dog, (class 3 working dog) and 2 cats. The cats and I don’t interact much, they are very close to my daughter but the dog and I spend lots of time together. He likes long walks, except when it’s very hot, and lots of attention. He sometimes hinders my writing process because if he wants my attention he’ll chew on my elbow until I stop writing.
- What was the first story that inspired you to write? Why should we read/watch it? As I said above I learned how to write by writing fanfiction. I love the anime Naruto. Mashashi Kishimoto does such a great job at world building and character development. He is particularly good at the twist in which the “bad” guy isn’t all bad, and the good guys are rarely all good.
- If you could have or achieve any one thing this year, what would it be? (Writing or otherwise!) My goal this year is to finish at least two books I’m working on and prepare them for submission or publication.
- Do you have a day job in addition to writing, or is writing your day job? Sort of, but it doesn’t come with pay. I’m a wife and mom. My job is to make sure the household runs smoothly, stays clean and that my daughters get to work on time. (Hopefully they’ll be driving soon!)
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Bonus points for pretty pictures 🙂 Hmm, anywhere? It’s so hard to narrow it down to one place! I’d love to go see Nova Scotia as an adult. I grew up spending my summers there but I haven’t been in many years. I’d also love to travel though. I have an invitation to visit a friend in Sweden and, of course, my granddaughters live on the other side of the country in Washington state!
- Who is your favourite heroic character? What makes them special? Hmm, another hard choice. I love Black Widow, because she’s so badass. But I also love Itachi Uchiha from the Naruto story. His story is so complex and sad that it breaks my heart.
- Do you write every day, ad hoc, or have a different schedule? I write Monday through Friday and I use a timeclock to keep track of my hours. I usually get about 30 hours a week in. Lately I’ve been plotting out sequels with my husband and we do that on weekends so I’m getting a little more time in.
- What do you find most challenging about writing? Why? I have a terrible memory. Really. (Hi, I’m Ann, the Manic Writer. Oh, wait, I said that already.) I find keeping track of the details to be terribly challenging. Because of that I’ve created my own planner and I’ve been sharing it and the printables that go with it here on my blog.
- Who is your favourite villain? Why are they so nefarious? Hmmm, favorite villain? Typically I don’t like villains. I tend to see things as black and white, they are either good or bad. I’m learning this isn’t true though. I think I’d have to go back to Itachi. He’s technically a villain in the story though it’s much more complicated that that. As I said earlier his story is complex and fascinating.
- If you could have two fictional characters brought to life, who would you choose and why? Umm, for fan service or for friends? I get very attached to characters when I read. So, it would be more appropriate to ask me this question each week, because the answer will change!
- How did you get started writing?
- What do you love most about being a writer/blogger?
- What do you hate most about it?
- If you don’t write full time, how do you manage your writing time and still feel productive?
- What helps you organize your writing work the most?
- Name your inspiration. Another author you look up to? A teacher who encouraged you? Someone else?
- If you are having trouble settling down to write what is your go to so you can make it work?
- Do you write at home or away from home? If away, where?
- Do you let family read your work?
- What is your favorite book? Why should I read it?
- What one piece of advice would you offer to someone who just discovered they want to be a writer?
In no particular order. This was hard. There are a lot of worthy blogs out there. (Stole that from Louise, who nominated me)
- Trisha Faye who can be found at Writers Zen Blog.
- Raimey Gallant, who can be found at her blog, Raimey Gallant. She’s insanely busy and oh so helpful to the blogging community! Seriously, if you are an author blogger and you don’t know her, you should!
- Chemist Ken, who’s epic website can be found at My Hogwarts Sabbatical.
- Jessica and Sandy, who can be found at American Writers Exposed.
- The Aren’t You Feeling Nosey Blog.
- Susan, who can be found at I Think, Therefore I Yam.
- Roland, who can be found at Writing in the Crosshairs. No IWSG post this month but lots of great content and thought.
- Deb at The Write Mage.
- Beverly at The story of a writer.
- J.S. Pailly who can be found at Planet Pailly, because science fiction!
- Rhonda who can be found at Late Blooming Rose.
Go check these great blogs out and drop them a comment if you find something you love!
Thanks for stopping by the Mania!
The mania is always more fun with friends. Next month I’ll be discussing what to tweet on Twitter! Subscribe on the sidebar, or follow with WordPress so you don’t miss a moment of the Mania!
Want to see what’s on my TBR pile? Check me out at Goodreads! Want to know what I do with my days? Follow me on Twitter or Facebook and drop me a note. On Twitter I’m active in the #5amwritersclub, #authorconfessions and other Twitter hashtag games.